Wedding invitation design

Leave a Comment

With my own wedding coming up in august, I of course had to design my own wedding invitation.
The future husband and I wanted a design without the regular flowers/ rings/ wedding things and went for an abstract theme.
Because my dress is blush pink (scoop scoop), I choose a color palet inspired by the gown.

First, the shapes were made using markers, crayon and fineliner. All shapes can interlock (do you feel the theme here?) or overlap. After scanning the drawings, color and transparency were added.
Because the shapes are quite 'modern', I choose a more classic font.

I had the design printed by Peter Print, my fave digital printer who can print like it was offset (seriously, it looks like a very expensive high quality print, which unfortunately can't really be fully shown in a picture), on beautiful heavy paper with a slight grain.

The card consists of two components: the long 'main' card for the day guests and a smaller overlay card that can be added for evening (dinner) quests. Hold together with a drop shapes paperclip.
And tadaaa, our wedding invitation is ready!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

all content on this blog © Kim Welling unless stated otherwise. Powered by Blogger.